• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Pending Coupon Code Flat Amount per Transaction

SVTP

Customer
I'm trying to set a coupon code that will apply a flat dollar figure to the total amount cart instead of applying the coupon amount to each product in the cart individually. How can this be accomplished? Essentially, I want it to work like a gift card.

Upvote 0
Correct. And when I select a flat value it deducts that amount from each item in the cart individually instead of the car total. That is the problem.

Aha, I see what you mean now. The reason why it works that way is because of the fact that you can customise what products a coupon applies to, so it introduces a conflict if someone creates a coupon that's only applicable to certain products and a cart includes both applicable and not applicable products.

I don't know if there is an answer to that, short of disallowing customising applicable products if "Flat value" is selected.

How would I go about doing that? I'm using this utility to sell logo'd physical merch, and the site is the only seller.

Last edited:
I'm saying that there is no possibility to do what you ask, and explained the design decision for why it's not.

I'm saying that there is no possibility to do what you ask, and explained the design decision for why it's not.

I realize I'm trying to overcome a shortcoming in this product, but you mentioned "disallowing customizing applicable products if 'Flat value' is selected." How would one go about doing that?

Last edited:
That was me speculating on future changes that could be done on my end to enable "Flat Value" coupons to work as you expect. It is not possible in the current version.

Back