Question Couple of questions:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akash Jain

Customer
Hi,

Couple of questions:

1. How do I disable Auction? Cannot find the option anywhere?
  2. How to disable attachement in the form? or Rename it from attachement to something else.
  3. How to I reduce space on listing page between image and listing info? (Viewing Listing: Testing - Donate Your Books)
  4. I am not able to list a classified with 0 price. In settings it says -
    This is the minimum price that a listing can be set to. If a user sets a price below this then the price is increased to this amount. The minimum that can be set is 0, and if so, listings will be able to effectively be marked as 'free'.
  5. The description text is flowing out on listing page: View Listings - Donate Your Books
  6. How do I list all listings under one heading instead of "Items for Sale" and "Items wanted". So all listings will come under one heading. "Item for sale" etc can come before the title.

Hi,

Can someone help on this?

Also getting this error when creating new listing:

Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in ..../dbtech/classifieds/actions/listing.php on line 1196

Hi,

Couple of questions:

1. How do I disable Auction? Cannot find the option anywhere?
  2. How to disable attachement in the form? or Rename it from attachement to something else.
  3. How to I reduce space on listing page between image and listing info? (Viewing Listing: Testing - Donate Your Books)
  4. I am not able to list a classified with 0 price. In settings it says -
  5. The description text is flowing out on listing page: View Listings - Donate Your Books
  6. How do I list all listings under one heading instead of "Items for Sale" and "Items wanted". So all listings will come under one heading. "Item for sale" etc can come before the title.

1, You need to look under the options in the Manage Listing Types in the ACP, there's an option to deactivate the types.
4, This is a known feature, we are expanding the listing types to include a free type in version 2. In the meantime you could arrange for listings to be marked as 0.01, set the Cash as a payment option and then ask the seller to mark the listing as paid.
5, I'll take a look at this bug and get back to you

The others I'll get back to you on later when I've got more time to see what options I can provide. :)

Hi,

Can someone help on this?

Also getting this error when creating new listing:

The error I'm aware of. It's because there are no specifications listed. I'll upload a fix later today. :)

Also I have made some options like Returns inactive but it is still showing while creating listing.

I'll check back on this later. :)

Hi Mokonzi,

Thank you for the responses. Appreciate your help.

I am not getting the option "Manage Listing Types" Here is the screenshot attached:

screenshot.png

My bad for not mentioning it's accessed in debug mode only at the moment.

If you know how to set your forum into debug mode, you will get access to it.

If not, you can navigate directly to it by using your full link to your AdminCP (minus the index.php part) and add this:
dbtclassifieds.php?do=listingtypes

That will get you to the page. :)

Hope that helps.

Will take a look now at the other matters you raised. :)

Hi Mokonzi,

I can see some strange behaviour:

I have disabled Auction. But still it is visible through New Listing button. And in the navigation menu I can only see Buy Now link. I have checked for navigation menu Buy now and Wanted are enabled.

Here is the link
View Listings - Donate Your Books

Last edited:
Some solutions...

The number 5 issue, find the template dbtech_classifieds.css template and find:

Code:
div.listingbitdetails {

In the following CSS data, you will need to remove the min-width option and then add the following:

Code:
word-break: break-word;

That should resolve your issue. I'll work that fix into the template for a future update. :)

I've found a fix for your new listing menu showing the inactive options, and I have one for the in_array() error, but I'm looking at the issue with the forms displaying options you've deactivated. At the moment I don't know if I can issue a file update or if I'll need a new full patch. I'll let you know tomorrow as I chase down the issues. :)

Hi Mokonzi,

Yes that worked. Thanks a lot :). If users can post listing right now somehow since we are planning to launch it for users by tomorrow. :)

I just want to ask a few questions about point number 2... you mention renaming 'attachments'? What is it that you are wanting to achieve? Are you not wanting users to be able to post images, or are you wanting to change the terminology.

I'm hoping to get some fixes uploaded to the latest build shortly. :)

Uploaded a fix for some of the issues I've detailed I have in this thread... namely:

in_array() error when no specifications are available
Inactive listing types being incorrectly displayed as available to create

I'm still looking at the attachments issue you've raised but I can't replicate the Returns error you mentioned above. When deactivated it is removed from my forms.

Is the no_array() error on the same line?

Is the price listed in the listing before you submit it?

Thanks for the access details you provided.

I found the error. It was something that would only have come up if you completely disabled all the Payment Processors which you had. I've fixed that error in the latest build. If you can download and upload the files to your server let me know if it fixes it.

I'm not sure if anyone's disabled all their Payment Processors before, so keep an eye out for any issues and let me know so I can sort them out. :)

Hi Mokonzi,

Thanks a lot. Works great :)

Is it possible to not check for price while submitting the listing. This will allow people to post 0 value listings. Maybe temporary till you launch free listing.

And how can I make specifications filterable on front end.

Not at the moment as it might have effects I've not encountered before for other users. I am working on a Free listing type that will be just what you need. :)

Specifications are tied to Categories at the moment. The best solution for filtering the specifications would be to create the various types you want and check the specifications that apply to them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte Classifieds

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
Mokonzi
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back