Status
Not open for further replies.

Trekkan

Customer
I see that when you click this, it checks the box on each games "tags" section. Not sure what it does or is supposed to do, but from the name of the checkbox of "Description" and then it checks data marked as "tags", I was confused. =)

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Took me a while to understand how this worked. Sorry man, I'm not trying to be a dick. =) It's just... not straight forward to me. I get it now, but... something that should be easy, for some reason caused me to have to think more than I think it should of. Maybe I'm just stupid, I can live with being stupid, I have for almost 40 years I suppose. =)

Well, heres the factors that led to this design:

1: i wanted to maintain the organization consistency with the import screen (whee! :p)
2: i wanted a way to select arbitrary list of games for category management
3: i was running very low on column space in the games manager table

I didnt want a dedicated column for (2) because of (3) especially if it would only occasionally be used for category management (and the rest of the time you were trying to find a game to edit)
Thankfully, because of (1), ive already been including categories as tags, so adding a a checkbox next to that for category management should already make sense.

Only problem was where to stick the pesky check-all box, so i added it next to Description, since tags are in that column... unfortunately (1) prevented me from renaming that column, but i can agree its mildly uncertain. how about...

Description - Select []

instead? (clicking word Select is label for check-all checkbox). would be consistent with Selected: at the bottom too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back