Question Calculate Points Incomplete

Status
Not open for further replies.

ifitsmedia

Customer
I'm trying to calculate points on a forum with around 60k users.

Running "Recalculate Points" seems to work for only a small number of users. After running it the points for only about 150 users appear to be correct, the rest of the users do not seem to be calculated and are left at level 1.

What steps can I take to troubleshoot this?

In the /do_not_upload folder you'll find a file, vbactivitymaint.php

Upload this to your server somewhere (outside of the web root), and run it via a SSH Terminal. You'll get asked for the full path to your forum directory, and then asked if you want to recalculate points.

This script should be unaffected by any timeout settings, so it'll complete successfully :)

Thanks, that seems to be working although at the current speed it looks like it's going to take several days to complete. I'm running it in SCREEN so should be fine.

This worked up to around 30k users then seems to have ran out of available memory. This is on a dedicated server with 32GB memory, memory_limit set to 512M per script.

Is there a way to resume this at the user ID where it dropped off? It would be a shame to have to start from 1 again.

Here's the last bit from my console with the error:

Processing: 33196
totalpoints
activitylevel
albumpictures
attachments
attachmentviews
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 640 bytes) in /home/.../public_html/forum/includes/functions.php(1617) : eval()'d code on line 1

Last edited:
Try executing it with php -n /path/to/vbactivitymaint.php - that should ensure your php.ini file with its memory restrictions is not loaded.

Using php -n doesn't work because I have memcached for vBulletin installed.

I modified the SQL query in the script to select users equal to or greater than the userid where it dropped off, and commented out the truncate table lines. This allows the script to pick up where it left off, seems to be working fine so far.

You can temporarily disable Memcached via config.php while you do this maintenance as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBActivity & Awards

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back