Question Cache Operator Back to None

Status
Not open for further replies.

semprot

Customer
After running by some time, my cache operator selection is changed from Redis to None.

I remember that this happened once, when i used 3.1.0 too.

What are causing it?

I remember you said that it is something to prevent caching error?

Meanwhile i can't see anythingin my XF server error log.

Yup, this will happen if the connection fails for whatever reason. It intentionally doesn't trigger an error in the log, but I'll look into adding some debug output in the future :)

Yup, this will happen if the connection fails for whatever reason. It intentionally doesn't trigger an error in the log, but I'll look into adding some debug output in the future :)
I notice that if i enabled full page guest caching, it switched to None faster.
I wonder if there was a load by redis that caused timeout between PHP & redis.

Last edited:
I wonder if Redis will throw up a failure message when the cache is full...

Can you try installing the Redis admin interface and observing the values there, seeing if you are running out of memory?

Can you try installing the Redis admin interface and observing the values there, seeing if you are running out of memory?
I have installed it.
According to the admin interface, "Used Memory Peak" only less than 400 MB.
I still have more than 100 GB free memory.

I can't seem to find the info in the admin interface, is there no list of cache hit count / cache full count etc like in XCache / APC?

How to installing the Redis admin interface?

I can't seem to find the info in the admin interface, is there no list of cache hit count / cache full count etc like in XCache / APC?
Sorry i missed your reply and didn't notice it.

I am not sure about list of cache hit count.

When i click "Info" on top navigation, there is an info page, containing information about :
  • Keyspace Hits
  • Keyspace Misses
  • Expired Keys

Maybe that is the stats?

And I think there is no max memory setting of redis (such as in APC / Xcache), i could be wrong anyway. This is my first time using redis.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I'll look into adding some debug output as to why Redis failed to connect in a future update :)

I'll look into adding some debug output as to why Redis failed to connect in a future update :)
It still happens randomly until now.
I home there will be a log in the admin (such as user change log / moderator log), in future release.
So we can analyze why the operator is set to none :)

PHP:
try
		{
			// Create the cacher based on Options
			$cacher = DBTech_Optimise_Operator_Abstract::create('DBTech_Optimise_Operator_' . $options->dbtech_optimise_cache_operator, [
				'cachePrefix' => $options->dbtech_optimise_cache_prefix,
				'cacheTtl' => ($ttl ? $ttl : $options->dbtech_optimise_cache_ttl)
			]);

// Try to connect
			$cacher->connect();
		}
		catch (XenForo_Exception $e)
		{
			// Revert to the "None" option
			self::$_hasFailed = true;

// Revert to "None" operator if we failed to connect, prevent the forum from dying with a fatal error
			XenForo_Model::create('XenForo_Model_Option')->updateOptions(['dbtech_optimise_cache_operator' => 'None']);

// Create the default cacher
			$cacher = DBTech_Optimise_Operator_Abstract::create('DBTech_Optimise_Operator_None', [
				'cachePrefix' => $options->dbtech_optimise_cache_prefix,
				'cacheTtl' => ($ttl ? $ttl : $options->dbtech_optimise_cache_ttl)
			]);
		}

Is there any way to record xenforo exception to xenforo admin server error log? :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte Optimise

XenForo 1.5.3+
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings