• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Question Where to place the .htaccess file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hg_snake

Customer
Hello,
i have vbulletin + cms, where the CMS is installed in the root and the forum in the dir / forum.

The .htaccess file where I put it? in the root or in the / forum?

Thanks for support

I believe you should put it in the root, and set the RewriteBase directive to /forum/

Let me know if that works for you :)

Hello Fillip H.,
if you insert the file into the root and active
Code:
RewriteBase /forum/
the page gives me Internal error.

Maybe i have to activate these commands:

Code:
# RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.hardwaregame\.it
# RewriteRule (.*) http://www.hardwaregame.it/forum/$1 [L,R=301]

At this time the .htaccess file is active in the forum dir, but maybe it is not the correct place

Thx

Does everything work as intended if you put the .htaccess file in the forum dir?

Yes, I think so, redirects work.

But i wanted to run a redirect CMS on the forum and I can not do it.

My concern is that it is not the correct location of the file

I try to explain.
On my site is installed vbulletin forum + CMS

I want you instead connect to the root of my domain and then to the main page of the site will be redirected to the main forum page.

Are you saying you want to move the CMS from the root of the domain to the /forum/ folder?

If so, that is not a service we offer at the moment, sorry :( You can post in the support forums @ vbulletin.com (don't mention DragonByte SEO, just ask for instructions on how to move the CMS from root to a subfolder) and the support staff should be able to assist you.

Hello hg_snake,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Answered.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings