vBShout v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tariq7

Customer
Hi When I try to upload the shoutbox why do I get this error message and what can I do to load the shoutbox without this error?

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home/hapi/public_html/dbtech/vbshout/includes/global.php on line 77

I would like to buy this product but will it work on my server or can I get a older version?

Hi there,

Could you please upgrade to PHP 5.4 or newer? Older versions of PHP are not being given any further security patches and are subject to security risks.

Thanks!

Hi there,

Could you please upgrade to PHP 5.4 or newer? Older versions of PHP are not being given any further security patches and are subject to security risks.

Thanks!

No Sir I can not upgrade can I get a Older version?

I've made a hotfix to v6.2.15 to improve compatibility with older versions of PHP, if you re-download it from our site.

Out of curiosity, why can't you upgrade? Running a 6 year old version of PHP opens your site to hackers and other malicious individuals, so I'm very curious as to why you can't upgrade.

I've made a hotfix to v6.2.15 to improve compatibility with older versions of PHP, if you re-download it from our site.

Out of curiosity, why can't you upgrade? Running a 6 year old version of PHP opens your site to hackers and other malicious individuals, so I'm very curious as to why you can't upgrade.

Truly appreciate your patience but unfortunately the person who server I use have not upgraded yet this is the reason why I responded I could not upgrade hopefully he will upgrade his PHP I truly like your software I am looking to support thank you respect and peace.

PS may I ask what form do i download the shoutbox?

Last edited:
I'd recommend testing the free version first but it should, yeah.

I would strongly recommend upgrading to 5.6 as soon as possible.

I'd recommend testing the free version first but it should, yeah.

I would strongly recommend upgrading to 5.6 as soon as possible.

I took the opportunity purchase the shoutbox and it is working fine on the site but I'm having problems with loading the avatars in the shoutbox is there a certain size that I need to use for them to work.

Hello Tariq7,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Answered.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back