Question vBCredits Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

EasyEasy

Customer
Few questions regarding vBcredits. I current own version 2.0.0 pro which I ran for years on my old forum version 4.1.0 without any problems. Its a major part of our site in the way we run league setups.

Recently upgraded the forum to 4.2.2 PL3. All seems to be working fine however the current version in your shop is 2.1.1 PL1

Im currently getting the following errors on the site but hide them in the config file.

Warning: Non-static method VBCREDITS::user() should not be called statically in ..../includes/functions.php(1851) : eval()'d code on line 1

Warning: Non-static method VBCREDITS::templates() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1419) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Non-static method VBCREDITS::verify() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 1

Warning: Non-static method VBCREDITS::process() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in ..../dbtech/credits/credits_core.php on line 69

Warning: Non-static method VBCREDITS::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in ..../dbtech/credits/credits_core.php on line 91

Warning: Non-static method VBCREDITS_VBULLETIN::navbartime() should not be called statically in ..../global.php(37) : eval()'d code on line 1

Warning: Non-static method VBCREDITS::display() should not be called statically in ..../dbtech/credits/credits_vbulletin.php on line 95

Warning: Non-static method VBCREDITS::init() should not be called statically in ..../dbtech/credits/credits_core.php on line 173

Warning: Non-static method VBCREDITS::regular() should not be called statically in ..../global.php(37) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Non-static method VBCREDITS::shutdown() should not be called statically in ..../includes/functions.php(7926) : eval()'d code on line 1

Warning: Non-static method VBCREDITS::init() should not be called statically in ..../dbtech/credits/credits_core.php on line 388

Are the errors below causing me any major problems in terms of server load?
If so would upgrading clear all those errors and improve server load?
If I did upgrade from my current version will all settings remain. Dont want to have to set this up from scratch again?
Or are they just php warnings that this version of VB throws out?

Thanks for your time.

This has been fixed in newer versions of vBCredits :)

All settings are preserved on upgrade :)

We have made no efforts to integrate with another product, does that product not simply require the points table and points column in order to work?

We have made no efforts to integrate with another product, does that product not simply require the points table and points column in order to work?

I these forums you have a bookie action set download which I used last time. Would that not do the same thing on the latest version?

What do you mean, bookie action set download? Sorry, I'm not the original developer of this modification so I'm very much unsure what you're referring to :(

I don't see why it wouldn't still work, I'm not aware of any core-level changes that would stop this from working from v2.0 to v2.2. That being said, I would recommend taking a full DB and file system backup prior to upgrading if you're dependent on the vBookie integration working.

I don't see why it wouldn't still work, I'm not aware of any core-level changes that would stop this from working from v2.0 to v2.2. That being said, I would recommend taking a full DB and file system backup prior to upgrading if you're dependent on the vBookie integration working.

Thing is though its gonna cost to buy the upgrade then ill have to try it out and then if its doesn't work its money wasted and both of these mods above are a massive part of my site and the way it runs hence why I asked the question that if that error will cause any major issues. if it wont then im happy to stay as I am but in terms of performance on a server would the upgrade make THAT much of difference?

If it doesn't work, I will visit your site and fix it :)

The errors posted in the OP aren't serious errors, but it's good practice to resolve coding errors rather than simply suppress them. Suppressing them means that you are also suppressing serious errors, often leading to blank pages.

That, in turn, makes my job much harder because I'll have to guess that you may not have error output turned on (I won't remember this thread in weeks or months from now) and have you turn it on temporarily to capture the error output for me, flooding your board with error messages again.

You can read the changelog for v2.1.0 up to and including v2.1.1 here: http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/product/40-vbcredits-ii-deluxe/#changelog
I can't tell you how much each of those performance improvements will affect your specific installation, as this varies wildly. I'd rather not engage in the "Up to 500% faster!!11 *May actually be 0%, -50% or may set fire to your house, who knows? " style marketing :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBCredits II Deluxe

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back