Bug Username field in overlay window

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadiq6210

Customer
Hi,

If I open the overlay window >> tab (Donate), then the logged in username will appear by default in field (User Name).

1528182895455.png

This field should be empty as the user cannot donate to himself.
I noticed this issue is only exist in overlay windows, donate tab in (/dbtech-credits/1/currency) is working fine, all fields are empty.

Could you check if you have this issue in your forum?

In template (dbtech_credits_currency)

I replaced this line:
Code:
<dd><input type="text" name="username" class="textCtrl AutoComplete AcSingle" placeholder="{xen:phrase dbtech_credits_user_to_donate_to}"{xen:if $user, ' value="{$user.username}"'} /></dd>

with this:
Code:
<dd><input type="text" name="username" class="textCtrl AutoComplete AcSingle" placeholder="{xen:phrase dbtech_credits_user_to_donate_to}" /></dd>

It does not use the logged in user name, rather it’s contextually aware based on how you got to that currency. As a result there’s no plans to change this and the change you made would be appropriate to disable this behaviour.

rather it’s contextually aware based on how you got to that currency
Could you explain this sentence more? I need to know the benefit for the veritable I removed.
I tried to login using another user account and his username is appearing as well, the behavior is not clear for me.

Thanks

If you go to someone's postbit, and hover over the currency link, you will find that the user ID of the member whose postbit you're accessing is added to the URL.

Let's say that the mod was installed at this site. In your postbit, it would link to /dbtech-credits/credits.1/currency?userid=2737 and the Donate tab would have your user name pre-filled, thereby making it much quicker to donate to you (or adjust your credits, in the case of the Adjust tab, etc).

If you go to someone's postbit, and hover over the currency link, you will find that the user ID of the member whose postbit you're accessing is added to the URL.

Let's say that the mod was installed at this site. In your postbit, it would link to /dbtech-credits/credits.1/currency?userid=2737 and the Donate tab would have your user name pre-filled, thereby making it much quicker to donate to you (or adjust your credits, in the case of the Adjust tab, etc).

OK I got it. So it will be easier if I want to donate through user link i.e postbit link, but if I want to donate through "dbtech-credits/1/currency#donate", then I need to delete my username and write the required username. Am I right?

Correct, if you click your own currency link or if you click it via the navbar, your own user name will show up in the Donate and Adjust tabs.

Anywhere the user ID isn't specified in the URL, your own name will appear.

Hello @sadiq6210,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte Credits has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte Credits

XenForo 1.5.3+ XenForo 2.0.x XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating