Bug User title color item not activated by making it active

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

Customer
I'm not sure if this applies to any other items that apply styles, but I was able to do it with the user title color one so far. With the vB version, all you had to do is make the item active in your inventory and it would apply the color to your user title. Now (on XF) it seems that you have to make it both active and unhidden to apply it. However, you can then hide it after you save it like this once and the color stays. So it's the same thing in the end, but it requires an extra step to force it through.

This is currently working as intended. If an item is hidden, it does not apply. I can't see why hiding it after activating it would still allow it to be included, though if this is useful behaviour I'd be inclined to leave it as-is.

The way we are using the items is that some are for forum "upgrades" and some are just for display (which are all custom item type). The users don't typically want to display the forum upgrade ones with their posts. On vB they would just activate them and keep them hidden so they can show the ones that are designed for displaying. I think it still works this way with the user group setting change items.

User group change items are special because they make a (semi) permanent change to the user's account. Username Change items are the same way.

I guess the way I interpreted "active" vs. "hidden" is that active means it's being used, but hidden means the item won't be shown in the postbit. I actually first noticed this because I set all of these types of items as force hidden, but then I realized that made them impossible to use.

Just installed the update. Not sure if I did something wrong, but I made an item I had in my inventory both active and hidden and it didn't work. But also, active and not hidden didn't work either now.

At least on my forum it seems to depend on what the status is before. Here are some tests I did:

Starting settings > changed to > does it change the color?

Not Active / Not Hidden > Active / Not Hidden > doesn't work
Not Active / Not Hidden > Active / Hidden > doesn't work
Active / Hidden > Active / Not Hidden > works
Active / Not Hidden > Active / Hidden > works
Not Active / Hidden > Active / Hidden > doesn't work
Not Active / Hidden > Active / Not Hidden > doesn't work

If these results are unusual, I can try testing on my test forum too.

By the way, maybe you're already addressing this with the next fix, but I thought I would point it out just in case (I didn't realize it at first). Apparently if it's still hidden (even in the example I listed above), you can see your own user title color, but no one else can see it. So the only thing that would currently work is Active / Not Hidden.

Hello @Jeremy,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte Shop has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been scheduled to be closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Hello @Jeremy,

As we have not heard back from you, your ticket regarding DragonByte Shop has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, please feel free to start a new support ticket and link back to this ticket.

If you have time, please leave a review on XenForo.com's Resource Manager.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte Shop

XenForo 1.5.3+ XenForo 2.0.x XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating