Bug Too many redirects

Status
Not open for further replies.

advanco

Customer
Hi,

I tried to update from vBSEO to DragonByte SEO but I get many many redirects.

If I start forum.com/board I see many redirects from this base 303 to content.php and then a 301 to index.php and then back to the base and so on. I only can go to forum.php to see the forum.

The same with threads and forums. As soon as I open a rewritten url I get unlimited redirects. Of course sef urls in vbulletin options are turned off and no canonical are forced.

I thought it would be easier to handle that.

Can you help?

Regards

Hi there,

This can most often be resolved by turning off "Force Forum Directory Index" in the General Rewrite Settings in the DBSEO CP.

Let me know how that works for you :)

Hi Fillip H.,

thanks for reply. After turning Force Forum Directory Index off, I can open forums and thread. But the homepage still does not work correctly. Only forum.php works but I need the directory to work eg domain.com/forum/

Finally redirect ends at content.php with "ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS". I don't use the content (cms) feature.

Any other idea?

Can you please double-check that you have turned off all of vBulletin's "Friendly URL" settings in the vBulletin Options?

Also, make sure your .htaccess file does not contain any of the vBulletin default rules.

I found out what the problem. Under "Forum Homepage" you can set a file name for homepage. I added "index" there which means index.php and this caused an error. Now I switched to "forum" (=forum.php) and it works fine. If I jump to forum/index.php or forum/content.php I get redirected to forum.php - looks good!

I will look throug all options in dragenbyte seo and if I have further questions I will contact you. Otherwise I will try the update again and hope then everything is fine.

Thanks and regards

Hello advanco,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Not A Bug.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings