Bug Too Many Connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

attilio

Customer
I keep on getting too many connections error messages when I hardly have anyone on the site.

I asked my hosting people to look into this and they came back to me with the message below:

Looking at the error_log in your home directory (/home/myfert/public_html/error_log) it can be seen that you are trying to open up too many connections to the MySQL server:

[19-Sep-2016 06:41:16 UTC] PHP Warning: mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/1040): Too many connections in /home/myfert/public_html/dbtech/dbseo/includes/class_db.php on line 865
[19-Sep-2016 06:43:53 UTC] PHP Warning: mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/1040): Too many connections in /home/myfert/public_html/dbtech/dbseo/includes/class_db.php on line 865

This is usually as a result of poor coding in the website or a bug with a software component. The configuration for most content management systems and similar applications can be fine-tuned to make better use of MySQL connections (re-using them as needed instead of trying to open new connections etc).

To resolve this, please increase the maximum amount of connections available in the my.cnf file.

DBSEO and vBulletin both close their connections on shutdown, so if there are any other products opening connections then that might be the issue.

To resolve this, please increase the maximum amount of connections available in the my.cnf file.

DBSEO and vBulletin both close their connections on shutdown, so if there are any other products opening connections then that might be the issue.

My hosting company won't increase the number of connections as they say they are already giving me enough. Which means there must be a problem with the coding of DBSEO as explained in my original email.

In that case you will need to switch to a better host, as there is no reason why they should be limiting the amount of connections your site can make. If this was a problem with DBSEO, and not your server configuration, then many more users and customers using this product would be affected.

As far as I'm aware, this problem is unique to your site.

LOL. There wasn't anyone visiting the site at the time! Probably spambots. But in any case, its your code not closing the connection.

Could you please provide the details of the research you've done that led you to conclude that? Since no-one else is affected by this issue I would be very interested in reading the output of your debug logs that show DBSEO opening connections but not closing them :)

Hello attilio,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Not A Bug.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings