Question Thanks / Like disable emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

lettebasse

Customer
My users are complaining that they receive too much emails, when someone gives them a like / thanks.

I would like all users to have by default the option "disable emails" and then if they want to enable it, they can do it manually.

I only found in plugin configuration the option to change disable to enable for everyone.

How could I do this ?

Thanks

The configuration item you mentioned is exactly how you would do what you want.

Hi there,
sorry but I need the opposite of this.
I need to set that all my users "new and old" receive an email for each like and thank the others user give to them.
So how to do?
I must run some query?

In the first post, you said you needed users to not receive emails by default. Now you are saying users must receive emails by default.

Please clarify exactly what you want.

Oh, sorry, my mistake. You can control the setting in the same way the OP could, via the vBulletin Option in the AdminCP.

:) Found it! Thanks. :)

But making some test I have seen that the users receive email notifications for like and thanks

but to the admin account when it receive some like/thanks not arrive notifications email.

That stems from the fact that users who have already saved their preferences in the UserCP will experience reversed behaviour from what the configuration option previously read.

For instance, if you turn the setting to Disable By Default, anyone who saved their email settings previously to disable emails for X will now have opted IN to emails, instead of opting OUT.

Ok.
But I was speaking about my account (admin) and I didn't disable the email notifications.

So, is there a query to set that all users receive the email notification for the likes and thanks received?

What's the value of the (Pro) Enable Emails By Default setting on your forum just now? Yes or No?

Now is setted to yes.
So, with one test user I try the notifications arrive to him email address but to the thanks received from the admin not.
So I was thinking that maybe not all users receive these email notifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced Post Thanks / Like

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back