Question Some Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
1- I added a review but it don't appear in the main review page, is something should be set?
This has also been reported by others, when it's resolved there you'll also receive the fix.

2- the rating field don't appear while I write a review, why?
That is most likely related to #1 .

Re-upload the specified file.

4- How to change the review category after I submit?
Edit the review.

This has also been reported by others, when it's resolved there you'll also receive the fix.

That is most likely related to #1 .

Re-upload the specified file.

Edit the review.
when will this fix be so I can use the mod?

I will try uploading the file, though I'm useing this version already =D

when I edit the review there isn't a field for the category anymore ="(

Others have reported that creating a new instance and using that instead of the default resolves the issue, could you please try that as well?

Others have reported that creating a new instance and using that instead of the default resolves the issue, could you please try that as well?
Just tried that and didn't fix the problem + the Issue number 3 didn't fixed by uploading the ajax file again =")

Hi Sarab,
Could I get admin access to your forum to check on the issues? I tried installing the latest from scratch on my dev forum and I can't replicate the problems.

Just to add some info to this issue, creating a new instance did solve the OP's issue (1) for me, but I still can't seem to find a way to make the ratings active.

If anybody has a solution, I'd be grateful.

Make sure the rating questions are tied to the instance, I believe that's what fixed it for someone else.

I still can't seem to find a way to make the ratings active.

Ok, let me just put this here as there's a few people here and on vb.org who have run into this. I finally figured it out:

The missing/inactive ratings issue is not a bug, but rather it's (IMO) a little bit of a disconnect in how things are worded in the dbtech review admin section.

You MUST assign a "question" to an instance to activate ratings. It's a little bit odd to call this a "question" (IMO) which is why I think people aren't figuring it out when they set this up. The "question" is meant to be an aspect of the product that can be rated. If you were rating shoes, you might have set up "questions" to rate durability, design, fit, quality, whatever.

But in a lot of cases, you just want one overall rating for the product. In that case, just create a "question" called "rating", assign it to your instance, and you're good to go.

Whew. Very good addon, particularly for the money, but requires a little wire-jiggling to get what you want. ;)

Besides this, I think every other thing I've run into is solvable by creating a new instance to use rather than working with the default instance.

edit -- ha, yep, Fillip H. got the jump on the answer by a couple minutes. that is definitely it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte Reviews

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings