Bug Shout randomly stops working

Status
Not open for further replies.

marvel

Customer
Hi,

I have an issue with VBShout, at random the chat stops working, people can't input text (including myself). They don't show up as active user when they type text and hit enter, however their message IS added to the database, it's just not visible.

Idk what they have to do to get it working again, I did it by switching browsers, or logging on and off again and then suddenly it starts working again for a while, until you wait some time and then again it stops, very frustrating.

Any idea what this might be?

Thanks!

I'm sorry btw if this is a double post, I thought I created a ticket but can't find it back so I'm not sure!

Did some more testing and this looks like an issue with the session timeout, the exact same issue has been posted here:

vBulletin.org Forum - View Single Post - [DBTech] vBShout v6 (vB5) [AJAX]

What happens is when I can't chat, my permissions are gone as well. So all my admin permissions like prune etc disappear. When I then open an incognito window or use another browser and create a new VB session, everything suddenly works again.

This makes this plugin practically unusable, my users are getting frustrated with it.

Are you using the "Remember Me" checkbox when logging in?

Yes I do but I think it's fixed I got a suggestion from the topic on vbulletin.org.

I've increased the session timeout of VB from 900 to 7200. Next to that I've downgraded PHP 5.6 to 5.4 and most of my issues seem to be solved :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 5.0.x vBulletin 5.1.x vBulletin 5.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back