• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Bug Installation of vbshout not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you please be more specific? Without additional information I cannot assist you. I need to know what pages are returning 404 and what you were doing when it happened.

From cpanel > DBTech - vBShout > Options > Edit Settings, returns as 404

From cpanel > DBTech - vBShout > Instance Management > Edit None of the changes made within check boxes save, there is also the following message:
You appear to have PHP 5.3.9 or higher installed on your server and configured to be too restrictive for vBulletin and vBShout to work correctly.

Please note that if you have a large number of usergroups, certain parts of this page may not work as intended.

If you encounter this issue, you can work around this by adding the following code to your .htaccess file:

php_value max_input_vars 10000

or altering your php.ini file to increase max_input_vars to 10000.

Before I can debug this any further, I will need you to either modify your php.ini file yourself, or ask your host, to modify the php.ini file and set

max_input_vars = 10000

Please feel free to let me know when this is done and I will re-visit your site to have a look :)

Not finding the following in tool bar:

"Detach" Button
Disable Detach

If you don't want the Detach button to appear, you can hide it here.
"Clear" Button
Disable Clear Button

If you don't want the Clear button to appear, you can hide it here.
"Smilies" Button
Disable Smilies Button

Edit: Found the "Clear" Button. Still can't find "Detach" Button OR "Smilies". Or Archive.

Last edited:
Edit: Found the "Clear" Button. Still can't find "Detach" Button OR "Smilies". Or Archive.
As per the feature list, these features do not exist in the vB5 version of vBShout.

The reason for this is it was literally impossible to create this functionality when we first released vBShout for vB5. We reported this issue during the developer beta, and it went ignored for more than 6 months. Internet Brands do not care about modification developers, so in response modification developers also don't care about Internet Brands. This is not just us, you can see for yourself on vBulletin.org where you will find 73 vB5 mods (last time I checked), compared to nearly 2,000 vB4 mods.

At this time, have no plans to update the vB5 mods to add the missing functionality at this time (if it can even be added), our vB5 mods are sold entirely as-is. This is also stated on the product information page, where it says "Major feature updates are currently impossible [...]"

That being said, they are still fully supported for bug-fixes, so unless a future version of vB5 fully invalidates the code base to the point where it would necessitate a full re-write to update the mod, our vB5 mods are still supported on whatever the latest version of vB5 is.

Hello therealcw,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Fixed.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 5.0.x vBulletin 5.1.x vBulletin 5.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings