Shopping cart

It's a mod they wrote for themselves, last I heard not one they are going to be making into a product for sale.

I really wish they would, I could use a simple cart like that for my web hosting site!

Correct, it was one we coded for ourself. We have no plans to release it currently however, as it is strongly customised around our own needs =)

I really wish they would,

Ditto..
I've been searching for months for a vB integrated cart, I purchased MicroCart a few months back but it turned out to be far too buggy and poorly coded to be of any real use.
The only other option I found was a Magento integration by AITOC, which is way over the top for my needs.

I just need a cart to accept annual Association Membership payments, Monthly Subscriptions and to sell a few promotional items like T-shirts, Caps etc. with payment options like PayPal, PayPal Subscriptions and Direct Deposit/Bank transfer.

I truly don't understand why a simple cart system isn't something built into vB4 or at least the vB4 Suite.

I could use a simple cart like that for my web hosting site!
If you're serious about hosting and it's not just a minor side-line you should consider using something like ClientExec.
I was involved in it's development and testing back in 2002/03, with my own hosting company and it was developed specifically for hosting.
Not sure what it's like these days or it's pricing but it's a good place to start.

8-)