Question REP as currency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrus

Customer
Would I be able to use reputation as the currency for the shop? Would it just be a case of adding the REP table/column data in the currency settings? And, if so, what would those tables/columns be?

And, as a second question - if I did switch to spending rep, I'd need to increase th eprices of everyhting in the shop (as I have a lot of users with hundreds and thousands of rep). Is there a query I could use to simply muliply all costs by, say, 10?

I would strongly recommend not using reputation as currency as any action that would cause vBulletin to rebuild the reputation counter would also undo all the spending made in this mod.

If something happens on your forum that causes vBulletin to recalculate how much reputation power you should have, then any reputation power spent on buying items in vBShop would be refunded to the user in question.

Example: I have 500 Reputation Power, and I spend 450 of them on an item in the shop. Reputation power gets recalculated, I now have the item AND 500 Reputation Power.

Does that make more sense? :)

Hello Morrus,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Answered.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShop

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings