Question Re-arrange template?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulProe

Customer
WE are using Dragonbyte Mail and the default template to send meeting notifications to our members. The format of the email places the "Unsubscribe from mailing list" link right in the middle of the bottom of the email. Some of our users are getting confused by this (Don't understand why but . . .)

Is there a way to reformat the template to place it at the very bottom left corner? I've looked for the template but am not familiar enough with Xenforo or DragonByte Mail to know where it's located

Thanks

Paul

You would need to edit the email templates; when visiting the Templates section, click the Email tab.

You would need to edit the email templates; when visiting the Templates section, click the Email tab.
Fillip,
Thanks for your help. I have not been able to identify which template your Mail adding uses when we send to a mailing list distribution. If I filter the email templates with the term "mail", it displays 16 different templates - some are identified, but none specific to the default email message template.

I apologize for the newbie questions, I am just getting to learn Xenforo and PHP

My ultimate goal is to move the "unsubscribe from mailing list" line to the bottom of the page instead of being centered at the top of the footer and also to make it a smaller, italic text.

Paul

Fillip,
Any suggestions on which email template is the one to address? I've tried opening all and not finding what I think would be the appropriate code for all of this

? ? ?

Thanks

Paul

Having looked into this further, the unsubscribe link is automatically added to the footer unless you add it manually. You can use the replacement variables found when sending a new email to manually place your unsubscribe link.

Having looked into this further, the unsubscribe link is automatically added to the footer unless you add it manually. You can use the replacement variables found when sending a new email to manually place your unsubscribe link.
Fillip
We don't have issue with the unsubscribe link, other than where it is placed.

We have a guy who doesn't put a signature or anything at the bottom of the email and the 'unsubscribe' link appears to be something the reader should be following (Yes, we are serving an older, not tech type crowd).

If we could just move the unsubscribe to the very bottom right corner, that would solve the issue. I would do it with CSS except I can't find the form generator to address it

Paul

You have to manually use the {unsub} link in your mailing list email to manually place the unsubscribe link. The form when sending an email should show you all the available replacement variables.

This is the only possible form of unsubscribe link customisation at this time.

Hello @PaulProe,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte Mail has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been scheduled to be closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Hello @PaulProe,

As we have not heard back from you, your ticket regarding DragonByte Mail has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, please feel free to start a new support ticket and link back to this ticket.

If you have time, please leave a review on XenForo.com's Resource Manager.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte Mail

XenForo 1.5.3+ XenForo 2.0.x XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating