Question Purchased and installed Pro Version and do not see Icons in posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazmos

Customer
I think I properly installed this product and chmod 0777 the folder as instructed but I do not see the thanks, like and unlike icons in posts.
I see the settings in the admincp>DBTech - Post Thanks
and I see the collapsable button below each members post count that has...
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given) 0
Thanks (Received) 0
Likes (Given) 0
Likes (Received) 0
Dislikes (Given) 0
Dislikes (Received) 0

buy no place to like, give thanks or unlike the post.

Edit each button under DBTech - Post Thanks (not vBulletin Options) and set Can Click for each usergroup :)

Thanks for your quick reply. We got it to work but we are getting a blue background behind the png buttons that are suppose to have a transparent background. I'm not sure if there is a setting in the plugin or if its a template issue. Please see attached image with thumbs circled in red. Even when we display the button name as well the entire background behind the button and name is a blue box. This happens anywhere we locate the buttons.

Likes_screencap.jpg

Last edited:
This is most commonly the result of CSS settings, namely the background attribute of the .postbitlegacy .postfoot .textcontrols a, .postbit .postfoot .textcontrols a, .eventbit .eventfoot .eventcontrols a { CSS class, in postbit.css.
To fix it, please try the following steps:

Step 1) Remove all the contents of the postbit_control_background StyleVar.
Step 2) If that didn't fix it, please enter the postbit.css file and find the .postbitlegacy .postfoot .textcontrols a, .postbit .postfoot .textcontrols a, .eventbit .eventfoot .eventcontrols a { CSS class, and remove the background: definition.

Hope that helps :)

You are a genius! Step 1 fixed the issue, I set it to "transparent" and problem solved! You rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced Post Thanks / Like

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back