Question Pre Sales Question (Tickets/Ecom/Shop/Credits)

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddybird292

Customer
Hello,
I was looking at your products and was wondering if there is a way to use the Tickets system as a paid support for users.
For example: If a user has a credit, then they can submit a ticket and have that credit deducted from their total, and the user gets a private express support thread.
Is there was way of doing this that ties into a subscription using DragonByte (like you get 4 tickets a month when a paid sub), or maybe some other way (credits? Or buying a package of tickets in Ecom?).

This would be very helpful to me. I do online coaching, so having the ability for someone to submit a paid ticket and get a fast response would be so great.

Is there a good way of accomplishing this with DragonByte?

Thanks

There is no integration between Tickets and Credits. The Tickets add-on is integrated with products from DB eCommerce, not DB Shop.

Thank you Fillip,
That helps me understand a little bit better.

So is there a way to user Tickets as a paid support option for board members?
I'm just trying to understand if I could make it work in a way that would work (for me).
I could see two ways, and I'm wondering if either is supported:
*Member buys Support Tickets in Ecom
*Member gets a number of support tickets as a paid subscriber

Or is there some other way?
I just needed a per incident way of providing support where the users don't have an unlimited number of support requests. Know what I mean?

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I'm honestly not sure. There is no method in eCommerce nor Tickets that can limit the number of threads someone may start in any given forum, so you would not be able to limit the number of tickets based on those two add-ons alone.

You could potentially use a "Service" product with some order fields that would ask the user for the details of their ticket, which could then start a new thread in a forum where users do not have access to starting their own threads. If you set up the forum permissions correctly, users would be able to reply. If you tie this forum to that particular product, you could potentially also enable that forum for Ticket support, and possibly get the ticket functionality.

Note that all of the above is 100% untested, so it's not guaranteed to work.

Gotcha.
I understand this was a strange request.

Well, maybe it would be an idea for a future DragonByte release. In my field, paid support is the norm: Opening, supporting and then closing tickets with a per-ticket cost. It's a great model for revenue generation.
I was just hoping I could do that with XF.

If tickets (or something else) is released that can do this, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
Doesn't seem like there's anything like this for any Forum software (Not XF, not IPS). It'd be a very useful function for support professionals like me as we could run a business off it easily.

Thanks Fillip. I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte eCommerce: Tickets

DragonByte eCommerce XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings