Urgent Technical Issue with DragonByte Credits Addon

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfarmer2001

Customer
I am the owner of DiscussionBucks.com, and I am encountering technical difficulties with the DragonByte Credits addon. Last week, some of our forum members noticed a reduction in their earnings linked to the "D Bucks" currency, one of the three currencies we have on the site, alongside "Referral Credits" and "Tickets."

After the earnings decrease issue arose last week, I took some backend measures to address it. I restructured the "D Bucks" currency and removed several events, suspecting that the issue might be related to the number of events present. Additionally, I renewed my license and upgraded the addon. Despite these efforts, members are still experiencing reductions in their earnings.

What adds to the confusion is that these credit reductions seem to occur randomly, without any corresponding transactions in the logs indicating a decrease. The only observable change is that the balance was higher, and in the next transaction, it's noticeably lower.

I'm uncertain about the root cause of this problem, but this addon is crucial to the functioning of my website. DiscussionBucks.com operates as a paid-to-post forum, and without this addon, the future of my forum could be in jeopardy. If obtaining technical assistance requires a payment, I'm prepared to take that step. However, I'm in need of a solution sooner rather than later. Your prompt assistance would be greatly appreciated.

What I said in this post: https://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/thr...s-mysteriously-disappearing.25771/post-130337 still applies.

Your site is still one of only two sites that is reporting this problem, and we still don’t know any pattern.

I would very much like to help, but unfortunately there is still nothing I can do.

Have you tried running your forum with no other addons enabled other than DB Credits? If this would mean too great a disruption to your site, you could try duplicating your site onto a test board and asking a few trusted users to post there in the hope of triggering the issue.

If the issue cannot be replicated on this test board, then the problem exists due to another addon.

I believe I was able to diagnose the issue. I had temporarily set up a Christmas bonus event in which users were able to earn some additional amounts. When the Christmas event concluded, I deleted these events, which reverted all the previous earnings that fell under those events.

Unfortunately, this means any temporary events that I set up in the future cannot be deleted, but instead only disabled. Is it possible to have a resolution to this in future updates to where, if an event is deleted, there's an option to choose whether all the transactions that fell under that particular event can be saved rather than reverted?

Hi there, thank you for your patience concerning this ticket.

I have looked into the code and it is indeed intended that transactions are reverted when events are deleted. This is because failure to do so would result in the transaction log having unreadable entries.

I understand and completely agree that it's bad user experience to be given no indication nor warning that deleting an event will revert transactions, so I plan to add a confirmation checkbox that says something like "I would like to delete and revert X transaction(s)" to make it clear what would happen should you proceed with deletion.

Is it a problem that events should only be disabled rather than deleted? Having them in the system would be more consistent with regards to record keeping 🤔

Thank you for suggesting this feature, it has now been implemented. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future release (5.9.0).

Change log:
Feature: Add warning when deleting events that have been used in transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte Credits

XenForo 1.5.3+ XenForo 2.0.x XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating