Status
Not open for further replies.

bzcomputers

Customer
There currently is no way to sort categories. Which can make it hard for sites with lots of categories.

I even tried to go into the database to move things around, but oddly if I changed the "catid" of a category it still was sorting the same way, ignoring the new "catid" which it appeared to sort by intially. Then I deleted the categories in an attempt to add them in the order I wanted, and again even though I added them in a different order they showed in the same original order with new "catid"s which were now not in order.

I would like to almost start over other than a couple categories. Is there anyway to reset the "catids". Even though a previous category never had any files it will still not reuse that "catid".

Is there anyway to get the categories to sort before there is an update?
Is there anyway to reset the currently unused "catid"s to be reassigned?

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
If it was me I would export the categories to a csv text file, tweak the id's how I want them to be, empty the table and then import the csv file.

As far as sorting the categories, that will definitely be included in the next version.

If it was me I would export the categories to a csv text file, tweak the id's how I want them to be, empty the table and then import the csv file.

I attempted this ...emptied the table, reimported new table, it all shows up in the admincp under manage categories correctly but the page still displays the way it did before I emptied the table originally. Tried clearing cache multiple times but still can't get the page to update. ???

The datastore needs to be refreshed with the imported data. If you edit a category, don't change anything but just save it, it should refresh the datastore with the changes.

The datastore needs to be refreshed with the imported data. If you edit a category, don't change anything but just save it, it should refresh the datastore with the changes.

Thanks, that took care of it.

Came across a bug along the way. If you go to manage/edit an existing category in which the category name or description already contains an "&" in it, just opening it to manage will modify the "&" to display as "&" requiring you to correct it every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.