Question Missing (Pro) Integrate Action Buttons in Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Settings window in AdminCP is not showing the "(Pro) Integrate Action Buttons" option. At first I thought it was because it was for vB v4 only, but I see it mentioned in the Tutorial for vBulletin 3.9 Professional version thread. I had the Lite version installed previously, but I definitely uploaded the new thanks.php file (along with everything else and re-imported it via AdminCP, of course). I re-uploaded it again, just to be sure, but it continues to show the Lite settings. I see Pro settings elsewhere and have already added a new button successfully. I checked the Settings page in another browse in case there was a cache issue, but there was no change.

Should I be able to see this setting, and if so, how do I?

Hi Jennifer,

That's very strange, I've checked the XML file found in your download, and the settings are definitely there.

Can you open the /XML/vB3/product_dbtech_thanks.xml file found in your download and search for <setting varname="dbtech_thanks_integratedactions" displayorder="90"> and see if this shows up for you in your text editor?

I searched the the XML file in my download and I did find that line. Should I try to upload the XML file again? Or check a file in my installation?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Jennifer,

Try re-importing the XML file, let me know if that doesn't work for you :)

That worked! Now I can see that option and I was able to move the action buttons.

Now that that's working, I have two new questions, both about placement:

1. How can I move the Like/Thanks notifications to go above the buttons at the bottom of a post rather than below the signature? I have other things below the signature, and for some reason the action buttons are showing up above them, so it appears as if the Likes are inside a user's signature (see screenshot):

placement1.jpg

2. How can I move the action buttons to go to the left of the Quote, etc. buttons rather than to the left. My user's want the existing buttons to stay where they are and the new links to go to the left of them. See screenshot:

placement2.jpg

I have no issues editing templates and files.

Thanks in advance!

Jennifer

I poked around and it looks like those other things below the signature are using the postbit_display_complete hook. Can I move the Thanks/Likes display to that hook? If so, how does vBulletin decide what order to display the items at a given hook so I could make sure the Thanks/Likes appear last?

Hi Jennifer,

You are able to move the APTL block to "After Signatures" to get closer to the position you want, from the vBOptions. That being said, I would recommend switching the display style to Compact so you get the display we use here @ DBTech - no APTL block needed, and it would clean up your postbit so it doesn't take so long to scroll past each post :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced Post Thanks / Like

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back