Bug Members having issues with going to first unread & new posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

tavenger5

Customer
My users are reporting that when they click on first unread or new posts they are brought to the first post. The same when replying to a thread.

My new posts are set to:
[forum_title]/[thread_id]-[thread_title]-new-post.html , but as you know are redirected to [forum_title]/[thread_id]-[thread_title].html#post[post_id]

This was also originally happening with post url's and clicking on likes via the thanks/like system, but I corrected it by changing the go to post url from
[forum_title]/[thread_id]-[thread_title]-post[post_id].html
to
[forum_title]/[thread_id]-[thread_title].html#post[post_id]

I can't reproduce the issue myself, so I'm thinking it has something to do with a redirect setting on their browsers, but I'm not sure. Any ideas?

This was also originally happening with post url's and clicking on likes via the thanks/like system, but I corrected it by changing the go to post url from
[forum_title]/[thread_id]-[thread_title]-post[post_id].html
to
[forum_title]/[thread_id]-[thread_title].html#post[post_id]

Actually, this produces an issue with multi page threads and linking to individual posts.

I'm unable to reproduce these issues either. Please collect the full system information from the users in question; OS, browser, browser version, skin, etc.

Safari is 7.0.5, Chrome is 36.0.1985.125 and I'm running it on Mavericks OS X 10.9.4

I think it may somehow be related to webkit caching 301's

It is indeed, it's a WebKit on OS X bug that we really can't fix unfortunately :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back