Question Mass upload question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnissen

I created a second directory in the upload path that I placed a number of new pictures to mass upload. When I select mass upload it offers me the original path or the new path to upload from. When I choose the new path the link appears to start but it never seems to do anything. I let it set for five minutes and no errors or information is presented. How can I debug the issue?

I upped the max file size to 8M thinking that may be part of the problem but that had no affect.

Are there any errors recorded in your server error log? It's possible the display_errors parameter in your php.ini file has been set to "Off" and that your server is silently hiding error messages.

This is a technique used by certain web hosts in order to avoid support tickets from their customers, so it's worth checking by going to the "View PHP Info" page in the AdminCP under the Maintenance menu group to verify.

I verified the errors were enabled. I just noticed the directory was created with root permissions. I reset all the group and user owners to the proper version and rebooting the server now. Will test again...

Same thing... Just to be sure I am doing this correct I created a seperate directory in the upload directory called ./dallas which contains the new images. When I click on mass import I see a selection to choose which directory to import. I select the full path for the directory of the /home/******/public_html/forum/dbtech/gallery/images/upload/1/dallas/

When I click on that one it goes to a screen ACP Mass Import but no messages are shown and it's like it ignored the request. I know this worked earlier since I was able to import 15,000 images in the ../1/ directory earlier.

I have about 500 new images I am attempting to upload and I would rather not do this one at a time!

I verified the images are real and not zero byte files. Here is a direct link to one of the images:
https://www.jrcbd.com/forum/dbtech/gallery/images/upload/1/dallas/IMG_0256.JPG

Last edited:
Why not rename the original directory to /2/ and this new directory to /1/ and then do the import?

Tried that but still no fix.

I tried to copy some of the images that exist and show up in the gallery and renamed them test1.jpg TEST2.jpg TEST3.JPG and put them in a separate directory. I now get an error importing them.

Importing...Please wait until the importer has finished.
PHP Warning: imagejpeg(..../dbtech/gallery/images/upload/1/4/thumb/16658_1541007709.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in ..../dbtech/gallery/includes/class_core.php on line 946

PHP Warning: imagejpeg(..../dbtech/gallery/images/upload/1/4/full/16658_1541007709.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in ..../dbtech/gallery/includes/class_core.php on line 946

Imported TEST2.jpg
PHP Warning: imagejpeg(..../dbtech/gallery/images/upload/1/4/thumb/16659_1541007709.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in ..../dbtech/gallery/includes/class_core.php on line 946

PHP Warning: imagejpeg(..../dbtech/gallery/images/upload/1/4/full/16659_1541007709.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in ..../dbtech/gallery/includes/class_core.php on line 946

Imported test1.jpg

Recall these were originally already imported. I just renamed three of the files to test1, etc... and put them in a test directory. Does the importer recognize the file is the same and rejects it? I tried to rename to lowercase for JPG as well as the full name lowercase. I left one file all uppercase and it just ignores it like it's not there. The ignore is how the other import was behaving. Any clues?

That means the files were uploaded with a different user than your web server is running at, so the web server can't access the files.

OK so now i made sure all of the files are chown and chgrp exactly the same as the webserver user. It's now working! I had some sub-directories owned by root and that messed things up. I recursively changed owner and group to the whole upload area and now it works.

Hello @jnissen,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte Gallery has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte Gallery

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating