Question Limit Number of Emails sent at one time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenDude

Customer
How do I limit the number of emails sent at one time? The default seems to be 500 but I don't see anywhere in the vbmail settings to change that. I changed the settings in vb itself for under email options but that didn't have an effect on vbmail so it must be getting its 500 default from somewhere else. How do I change that to something smaller?

Hi Ken,

The number you're seeing (500) is not the amount of emails it sends at a time, unless you have configured the mailing list to send emails immediately. The setting you changed in the vBulletin Options under Email Options is the correct setting :)

vBMail will queue 500 emails per page to be sent, it won't actually send them :)

Ok well I am getting 504 time out errors when trying to send my mailing list. I have vbulletin configured to send 300 emails at a time which has worked in the past, but as you mentioned DB vbmail seems to be queuing 500 at a time, so not sure why the act of simply queuing up email would result in a 504 time out error before the whole list gets displayed. I manually refresh the page and eventually it goes through, but in the past that never used to happen so I'm wondering why and what I can do to fix it.

Hi Ken,

You can change the amount of email vBMail queues per page by editing the mailing list and changing the Mail Per Page setting :)

That being said, it might be worth having your server administrator look into the cause behind the 504 error, as it may be indicative of a larger problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBMail

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back