Bug "Last Updated" columns using wrong data value

Status
Not open for further replies.

bzcomputers

Customer
These could have existed in previous versions but I just noticed them tonight when testing the new "Favorites Notifications".

1) "Last Updated" column on Favorites page uses the date/time the download was added to favorites not the actual last updated date/time. It does appears to show the update correctly when the file is updated but then it will change the date again as soon as the file is downloaded again.

2) "Last Updated" column on Categories page uses the date/time the download was last downloaded not the actual last updated date/time.

3) "Last Updated" date on download page uses the first uploaded date.

4) The "Latest Download" on the main downloads page does not seem to show any updated downloads. It only seems to take into account completely new downloads.

Edit:
Also any updated download is now causing a new post which it I'm pretty sure it wasn't previously. It would be nice to have additional admin options for "post to forum on updates" (yes/no) and then options for "updated" thread titles and "updated" thread messages.

Last edited:
1) & 2) The real bug here is that the DataManager is not treating the act of incrementing a download's "total downloads" count and a download's "total favourites" as an automatic action that does not constitute the download description or files being updated. I'll resolve this and post back when there's an update :)

3) I'll look into this.

4) That is working as intended, we received feedback that it should only show the latest ADDED downloads. In a future version, I will change the wording on that block to indicate it is latest added downloads. I may also add a latest UPDATED downloads block, separately :)

5) This is a regression caused by fixing an issue where moderated downloads posted a new thread, when it should only do so when the download is being approved by a moderator.

Update: I've been unable to replicate #3, are you talking about the "Last Updated" bit under File Information on the download overview page?

I've hotfixed 10 files in v2.4.4 that should hopefully resolve the other issues. Let me know if you encounter any other problems :)

Last edited:
Make sure you've reverted any customisations, it could be the template is out of date.

Excellent, thanks for getting back to me :)

I'll close this ticket but I'd like to urge you to keep an extra close eye on it over the next few days just in case there's any problems in the application logic that haven't been exposed yet - it was fixed in a bit of a hurry to avoid spamming your download thread forum any further :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBDownloads

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back