Question Importing from Photopost or VBGallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

attroll

Customer
I see the option to import from Photopost and VBG but have a few questions.
I have over 40,000 photos in my VBGallery. I don't want to import all these photos into my new DBG and have them all dump into one category.
Is there a way to have the same category names in DBG that I have in VBG and have them import into the same category names?

Hi there,

The importer does indeed have category support, the categories won't change :)

I have tried this on one of my test web sites that has 83 photos in my Photopost Gallery and it is not importing all the photos.
During the import process it says it is only finding 2 images, it says "We found 2 images for this mod. Select the gallery to import to and press the button below if you would like to import these to Dragonbyte Gallery." But t here are 83 images in the gallery.
Am I doing something wrong?

Hmm, that definitely shouldn't happen. If you PM me with an FTP and AdminCP account, I can look into this and see if I can't resolve it for you :)

Update: The reason why it says it's found 2 images is the fact that it's detecting vBulletin's gallery, not PhotoPost. I will look into why PhotoPost isn't detected on your site and get back to you when I have more information :)

Update #2: Upon further investigation it would seem as the Gallery importer doesn't support importing from PhotoPost Pro, only PhotoPost vBGallery.

This wouldn't affect the importer's ability to import from the vBulletin Gallery on your other site, though, as the importer code is entirely different.

The importer also doesn't erase any images, only copies them, so you won't have any problems on your other site even if the importer fails. If it does, I can log on to that site to assist you, but I won't be able to assist you with this import at this time, sorry :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte Gallery

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back