Question Hiding the Thanks / Like bar if no buttons have yet been clicked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

two dogs

Customer
I recently updated APTL Pro from 3.3.2 to 3.6.3, after encountering errors with 3.3.2 on updating vBulletin from 3.8.10 to 3.8.11. I can't recall if the errors were due to the vBulletin update, or the updates I did to PHP and mySQL for the vBulletin update (but that's probably irrelevant to this question).

In my APTL settings I have Cloud Location set to Below Posts, and Cloud Display Style set to No Header.

For purely cosmetic reasons, I'd rather not have an empty Cloud Location block displayed if no buttons have been clicked.

With APTL 3.3.2/vB 3.8.10 I was able to hide the empty Cloud Location block from being displayed, until any of the buttons had been clicked, by encapsulating the code that displays the entries in dbtech_thanks_postbit_entries with this:

Code:
<div id="dbtech_thanks_block_{$post[postid]}" <if condition="$entries==false">style="display:none;"</if>>
</div>

With APTL 3.6.3/vB 3.8.11, doing this does hide an empty Cloud Location block, when no buttons have been clicked, but unlike my previous setup, the block is not displayed immediately when a button is clicked. Rather, it will now only be displayed if the page is refreshed, or otherwise redisplayed.

Have you any suggestions as to how I can reproduce the behaviour I'd like?

Julian

What you're aiming to do is not currently supported, sorry.

Might I suggest the Integrate Action Nuttons option instead? If you combine that with the Compact style, it'll create a display similar to that which you see here @ DBTech.

Hello two dogs,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Answered.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced Post Thanks / Like

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings