Question Generated Downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.

dagiyig

How do generating downloads work? Can you instruct it to run a command and then use the output as a download? Can it compile source code directly for distribution? Can parameters be passed to watermark distributed products to users (see who is leaking what)?

Or is it a simple “zip up this directory and give it to the user”?

It works quite similar to how an XF2 add-on is built, so the output will always be a zip file but you can run arbitrary commands that will be passed to exec().

It works quite similar to how an XF2 add-on is built, so the output will always be a zip file but you can run arbitrary commands that will be passed to exec().

Are there any fields that will be substituted? Like replacing {userid} with the user’s actual user id?

Such replacements would require a custom extension to the download generator.

would such a modification be difficult to do on my own?

You already track the downloads from users so I figure it might be something within my reach.

sounds good. is this something you could give me general direction for or do you not support modifications to your addons?

sounds good. is this something you could give me general direction for or do you not support modifications to your addons?
Since you haven’t purchased the product, it would be pointless for me to do so.

After you’ve purchased a license I’d be more than happy to share boilerplate code for how to extend the download generation :)

I guess I should have specified I don’t need specifics, I just want to know if it’s something I can do before I buy it so that I don’t get stuck with something I can’t work with.

Speaking of, what is your refund policy like? If it doesn’t have everything I need and I can’t extend it myself, can I get a refund? Sort of like those other “risk free” stores.

I guess I should have specified I don’t need specifics, I just want to know if it’s something I can do before I buy it so that I don’t get stuck with something I can’t work with.
You can :) We extend the download generator here in order to automatically strip branding from our downloads if the license in question has an Branding Free license associated with it.

Speaking of, what is your refund policy like? If it doesn’t have everything I need and I can’t extend it myself, can I get a refund?
Once a digital purchase is downloaded, it's no longer eligible for a full refund. In certain cases, equivalent price in store credit can be given depending on the circumstances.

The full terms can be found here: https://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/pages/terms-of-service/

Hello @dagiyig,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte eCommerce has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been scheduled to be closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Hello @dagiyig,

As we have not heard back from you, your ticket regarding DragonByte eCommerce has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, please feel free to start a new support ticket and link back to this ticket.

If you have time, please leave a review on XenForo.com's Resource Manager.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte eCommerce

XenForo 2.0.6+ XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating