Question Excluding default usergroup, including custom usergroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hilaryjb

Customer
I would like to enable user tagging for members of a custom usergroup only, but disallow it for free users.

All users - paying and free - are member of the default usergroup. Paying users are also members of a custom usergroup.

So... when I disallow tagging for members of the default usergroup, that means all users are excluded - even the ones who are also members of the custom usergroup.

Is there a solution to this, or is that just how it works?

There's two potential solutions:
1. Allow everyone by default, but add free members to a new UG that is banned from using it
2. Move paying members to a new primary group as opposed to the default registered one

Thanks. I'm not sure whether either option would work with the rest of my set-up - I'll have to look into that.

Currently I am just limiting use by forum - people can only be tagged in the private forums (which are the ones only paying users can access). This works OK, but if I upgrade to the paid version of User Tagging then I think *all* users will see settings for the plugin in their UserCP - is that right? And if so, would I be able to change the language/phrases to say something like 'User tagging, for use only in forums x, y and z'?

if I upgrade to the paid version of User Tagging then I think *all* users will see settings for the plugin in their UserCP - is that right?
That's correct.

And if so, would I be able to change the language/phrases to say something like 'User tagging, for use only in forums x, y and z'?
You would be able to change the phrases yes :)

That being said, I don't see any phrases that I think need to be changed, but here's the wording anyway. You can search for the text in the phrases (use partial string search, for instance search for "Check this box if you only want to be alerted") and change them in the Lite version as the Lite version contains all the phrases from the Pro version too.

tWjJgRk.png

Fillip

Hello @Hilaryjb,

We hope your ticket regarding Advanced User Tagging has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced User Tagging

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating