Bug Error messages - "Illegal offset type" and "soundsettings"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozymandyus

Customer
Good day. In the past I had noticed a couple of DBShout-related errors popping up in my server log occasionally, but of late (probably with increased use of the product) these errors are showing up with greater frequency. There are two that seem to recur:

ErrorException: Illegal offset type - library/DBTech/Shout/Model/Shoutbox.php:2082

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'dbtech_vbshout_soundsettings' in 'field list' - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77

I'd appreciate some direction on how to address those if possible, please.

I can confirm there is a bug in which the soundsettings column is not being created properly. Can you please run this query:

Code:
			ALTER TABLE `xf_user`
				ADD `dbtech_vbshout_soundsettings` MEDIUMBLOB

That should correct the issue. Sorry about that :(

I can confirm there is a bug in which the soundsettings column is not being created properly. Can you please run this query:

Code:
			ALTER TABLE `xf_user`
				ADD `dbtech_vbshout_soundsettings` MEDIUMBLOB

That should correct the issue. Sorry about that :(

No worries sir, thank you for the query! I've run it, will report back if I continue to see the issue.

Hello Ozymandyus,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Fixed.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte Shout

XenForo 1.5.3+
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings