Question Description larger than 200 characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

eurekka

Customer
Hello,

How can i make description larger than 200 characters?

It is capped to 200

thanks

Attachments

• r1.png
    r1.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 1
You should not do this, as search engines do not display longer descriptions.

There's no plans to make any changes to this functionality at this time, sorry :(

That is not something we would be able to assist with unfortunately. You can find the setting name by viewing the source of the settings page, then search the files for the references to that name.

Detailed instructions on how to modify this or how to modify the setting is not going to be possible unfortunately.

Just asking where is the template I need to change. I'll do the rest
My descriptions are too short and Google can show show over 300.
Be nice

Last edited:
It's not a template. I gave you the instructions for how to find the place in the code :)

I'm not sure what your post is trying to say. The setting is called dbtech_dbseo_metakeyword_length and that is the string you need to search all files for.

I really don't understand why not giving support to customers with files that need to be changed when Google accept 300 char. in description. I dont see the point of this

If I gave step-by-step instructions every time someone asked us to customise our products, for free, then I would never get any work done.

If you want, I can change this ticket to a feature request to have the limit increased instead.

If I gave step-by-step instructions every time someone asked us to customise our products, for free, then I would never get any work done.

If you want, I can change this ticket to a feature request to have the limit increased instead.

What doed that imply?
I think the string is setting_dbtech_dbseo_metadescription_length_desc

what is a feature request and how does it work?

A feature request is a thread that requests a new feature be added to a product, or an existing feature to be changed. There’s no guarantees it will be implemented, or the time frame, but it lets me see which features customers want.

A feature request is a thread that requests a new feature be added to a product, or an existing feature to be changed. There’s no guarantees it will be implemented, or the time frame, but it lets me see which features customers want.
Up to you.
I still don't understand why no support given on this or a simple post explaining the way to change it
It users had the option to change description lenght would be much easier for everybody.

Hello @eurekka,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte SEO has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating