Bug DBSO Breaks URL format on VBSocial Notifications Plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin1980

Customer
Hi Fillip H.,

This is pretty much in reference to another ticket which you resolved and I validated prior to noticing the following issue.

I have VBSocial's Notifications plugin, this plugin's notifications link back to the associated post it is notifying on. Unfortunately the Notification's URL link no longer matches the actual post URL therefore unable to redirect. I know this involves a third party plugin, and if I go back to VBSocial they will tell me to go back to you since it is DBSEO that is causing the issue... I don't want to be in a catch 22 situation so I'm asking if you can kindly assist in figuring out what setting in DBSEO is causing the URL interruption on VBsocial notifications.

You can view the live example if you log in to the vB front end under your account and click on the notification Bell as illustrated in the screen capture.

DBSEO-VBSOCIAL_Notifiacions-URL-Issue.png

DBSEO-VBSOCIAL_Notifiacions-URL-Redirection-Error.png

Thank you.

Last edited:
The vBSocial URL is wrong, it's not a valid URL. If possible, can you try stripping the "&viewfull=1" from the post URL?

If that's not possible, let me know and I'll try to work around it on my end.

Sorry :(

Hi Fillip H.,

I'm not sure how to strip that part off the URL, not at that level. If you can guide me I can definitely try.

Thank you.

If possible, can you try stripping the "&viewfull=1" from the post URL?

Hi Fillip H., manually removing "&viewfull=1" from the URL doesn't make a difference, the page still fails to load, are you sure this is the issue? This is not good, I was practically done will all my setup prior to launch and now I'm stuck with this issue. I definitely cannot remove the notification functionality, but I also don't want to give up on the DBSEO plugin, first for what it can do for my site and second because of how much it cost.

Please advise and if there is anything at all you can do to help I would greatly appreciate it.

Luis

I'll investigate this issue locally (I can replicate it only when &viewfull=1 is included) and see if I can work around it.

Sorry for the inconvenience :(

Hello admin1980,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Fixed.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings