Question DB Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

snagseb

Customer
Hi,

I own both DB Credits and Shop. My goal is to allow members to accumulate credits to spend and buy physical items.

Basically we are a BBQ site. What I want is to have users spend their credits to buy things like BBQ sauces, rubs etc and have it shipped out to them. I've set the item to generate a new post when it is purchased. I have also added a note in the top of the item listing advising users that after the purchase we will contact them to organise shipping. Just wondering is there a better way I can make this more like a shopping card experience where users can add an item to cart, then add their address details and click purchase that sends this information only to me(for privacy reasons). I've tried playing around with fields etc but I don't think think this is possible? Thanks.

DragonByte Shop is not intended to be used for selling real-world items. For this, we have DragonByte eCommerce.

With v5.5.0 of DB Credits, you can use Credits as a payment processor which would enable users to pay with Credits during checkout, at an exchange rate you specify. DB eCommerce would still display prices in real-world currency, but upon asking the user for payment information, if only the DB Credits payment profile was enabled, it would display the amount of Credits they would need to pay.

I don't believe there is a way to make DB Shop work this way, most certainly not while keeping your users' information private.

Thanks for replying. That's what I was trying to figure out when I emailed you guys about a week ago but no one ever got back to me. So now I have a license for the shop which is of no use to me. I would of gladly bought DB eCommerce if I knew it integrated with credits. I can't justify spending the money on DB eCommerce after getting DB shop which I won't be using now. Thanks anyway.

I've checked my inbox and spam folders and I can't seem to find your email, I'm not sure what happened there.

If you want, I can exchange the DB Shop license for store credit which can be applied towards the purchase of DB eCommerce. Let me know if you would like me to process that for you.

Sorry for the inconvenience :(

I've checked my inbox and spam folders and I can't seem to find your email, I'm not sure what happened there.

If you want, I can exchange the DB Shop license for store credit which can be applied towards the purchase of DB eCommerce. Let me know if you would like me to process that for you.

Sorry for the inconvenience :(
Yeah I was a little surprised considering how quickly you replied here on the forums. I should have probably asked here in the first place. I just sent you another test email which you just wrote back to.. I have no idea what happened to the first one. Mate that would be fantastic. I'll gladly pay the difference if I can be refunded for shop. I'll uninstall shop now and once I get the credits I'll purchase eCommerce. Maybe I need to open my eyes more but I am pretty sure I went over eCommerce features and it has no mention of integrating with DB Credits. Thanks again.

I've applied the store credit, you should see an input box to enter the amount to be used when you get to the checkout page :)

The reason why eCommerce doesn't mention integrating with Credits specifically is the fact that Credits adds a new payment profile like so:

1588937493987.png

Which you then enable in the eCommerce settings like so:

1588937520393.png

Which when chosen by the user during checkout shows this:

1588937578868.png

Clicking Purchase would then remove 493 Credits from their account and grant them their purchase :)

Ahh ok! I understand now. This may be a bit of overkill for what I am going to use it for, but for me it has to be automated to give that experience to the members. Thanks for everything. I'll purchase eCommerce now.

Hello @snagseb,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte Shop has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been scheduled to be closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Hello @snagseb,

As we have not heard back from you, your ticket regarding DragonByte Shop has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, please feel free to start a new support ticket and link back to this ticket.

If you have time, please leave a review on XenForo.com's Resource Manager.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte Shop

XenForo 1.5.3+ XenForo 2.0.x XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating