Bug database error on old friendly URLs

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshcurrier

Customer
I have a lot of urls out in the wild with the old VB friendly URL format, some of which have characters that seem to blow up dbseo. I have some rewrite rules in place to handle the old urls but it would be great if those with special characters would work as well.

Code:
Database error in  129:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT userid
                                         FROM user
                                         WHERE username REGEXP "^(&[\#\da-z]*;|[^a-z\d])*60456(&[\#\da-z]*;|[^a-z\d])*Outdoor(&[\#\da-z]*;|[^a-z\d])*Bar(&[\#\da-z]*;|[^a-z\d])*Build(&[\#\da-z]*;|[^a-z\d])*Thread(&[\#\da-z]*;|[^a-z\d])**WARNING(&[\#\da-z]*;|[^a-z\d])*LARGE(&[\#\da-z]*;|[^a-z\d])*PICS*(&[\#\da-z]*;|[^a-z\d])*$"
                                         LIMIT 1;

MySQL Error   : Got error 'repetition-operator operand invalid' from regexp
 Error Number  : 1139
 Request Date  : Monday, October 20th 2014 @ 08:35:56 PM
 Error Date    : Monday, October 20th 2014 @ 08:35:56 PM
 Script        : http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/threads/60456-Outdoor-Bar-Build-Thread-*WARNING-LARGE-PICS*
 Referrer      :
 IP Address    : 50.16.181.24
 Username      : N/A
 Classname     : DBSEO_Database_MySQLi
 MySQL Version :

I think there's an issue with your rewrites in that case, because the error indicates that it's trying to resolve /threads/60456-Outdoor-Bar-Build-Thread-*WARNING-LARGE-PICS* to the "Member Profile URL" format.

Can you please double-check your .htaccess file to confirm that there are rewrite rules in place to handle /threads/ ?

I think there's an issue with your rewrites in that case, because the error indicates that it's trying to resolve /threads/60456-Outdoor-Bar-Build-Thread-*WARNING-LARGE-PICS* to the "Member Profile URL" format.

Can you please double-check your .htaccess file to confirm that there are rewrite rules in place to handle /threads/ ?
Here's my .htaccess file....

Code:
RewriteEngine On

RewriteRule ^threads/([0-9]+)(?:/?$|(?:-[^/]+))(?:/?$|(?:/page([0-9]+)?)) showthread.php?t=$1&page=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^members/([0-9]+) member.php?u=$1&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^forums/([0-9]+)(?:/?$|(?:-[^/]+))(?:/?$|(?:/page([0-9]+)?)) forumdisplay.php?f=$1&page=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^content/(.*) content.php?r=$1&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(admincp/|dbseocp/|modcp/|cron|mobiquo|forumrunner|api\.php|reviewpost/|classifieds/|photopost/)
RewriteRule ^((archive/)?(.*\.php(/.*)?))$ dbseo.php [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !/(admincp|dbseocp|modcp|clientscript|cpstyles|images|reviewpost|classifieds|photopost)/
RewriteRule ^(.+)$ dbseo.php [L,QSA]

Try setting [R=301,L,QSA] after the 4 first RewriteRule entries, maybe that'll help.

Excellent, glad you got it working. Which of the two RewriteBase configurations ended up being the correct one?

Status
Not open for further replies.