Question Banning users who reverse a transaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyDevOps

Customer
Hi, is there any possibility to create an integration to the eCommerce addon that will automatically ban a user if they open a case with PayPal/Stripe, or chargeback?

Not at this time, and I don't believe that would be a good idea. PayPal/Stripe prefers that you work with the buyer to resolve the dispute, and if the buyer shows them they were banned, this will be a black mark against you and against your ability to get it resolved in your favour.

Understandable.

Also not sure if this is a bug, however we have had a user who submitted an eCheck via PayPal, and the eCommerce system seems to have invalidated the order number / deleted it.

The only possible way for us to find the order was to use the Purchase Request Key/Transaction ID

unknown.png

unknown.png

Are you sure no-one manually deleted the order? When it's flagged as Awaiting Payment, it's not subject to auto-prune.

Can you think of any other information that could help me track this down? I've not had this happen personally and I don't recall anyone else reporting this either.

Hello @LuckyDevOps,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte eCommerce has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been scheduled to be closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte eCommerce

XenForo 2.0.6+ XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating