Advertisment Mod ad on to hide it from abusers

Mangar

Just a thought I am throwing it out there, You guys are a smart group!

How about being creative and by using/grabbing a IP of a user or BOT, against the site Block list (if there is one) to run it against.

Create a div or span that can be capture by two events.
1. If the IP is in the BAD list don't even produce any html to display the advertisement. This way they can not be click any ad or abuse your advertisement area.
2. If user is not on the bad list, then allow the ad scripts to display, and capture the click of a visitor in that area not effecting the advert script from running.

However if the IP has to many clicks repeatedly, put the IP (and user profile if one is available) to the sites internal BAD list.

There is no perfect catch all, but any automated restriction defense can better the chances of a site owners abuse of there ad income if any.

But even just to hide ads against a bad IP list could thwart bad bots, or vengeful users.

ATM, I am not a PHP guru, but seeing how others ASP scripts and JavaScript could, maybe you could do it in PHP as a mod I am sure people would love to have or added to your collection.

Last edited:
Back