Legacy Wanted Ads - Exclude fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyxv

Customer
Is it possible to have a separate listing template for wanted ads. Many of the fields are for selling and doesn't make much sense to have them in a wanted ad.

Something simple like:

Title
Description
Ad Length
Attach Images

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I reinstalled this mod today to give it another shot and I was looking for the answer the OP posted.
To me a Wanted ad should be relatively simple, has there been any implementation on what fields you can use in a type of listing IE Wanted.
EG I want to remove the price and postage from a wanted ad(amount) other things. How can I edit those out?

They're are some new listing types coming with version 2, and some of what the OP wanted is already in v1. It's now possible to create a free postage option that gets filled in automatically by the system. There is a lot more control over form options than there was before. This is done through the Manage Forms section in the ACP.

There are more things to be done, but the challenge with Classifieds is allowing users who have slightly different uses for the system to be able to do so.

Can you post through each specific thing you want to change and I can either explain how it's possible, or I can look at whether we can bring in some adjustments into v2.

Actually I just want things to be more simplified and I think Buy-it-Now, Auctions and Wanted Forms should be individually configurable.

I like how the Buy-it-Now is set up but so many fields in Wanted ads are just not necessary (well on my site anyway).
A Wanted add should just consist of
Title
Description of what you're after
That's all you really need.
Then an option to make it as found and exchange of feedback. Price and postage isn't really needed in this instance as the person placing the wanted ad negotiates price and postage privately.

I think all of this could be achieved with separate forms so we can configure each ad type to the needs of our site.
Cheers
Travis

PS I noticed a bug when disabling postage in the form (settling it to Never) I couldn't place an ad.

Actually I just want things to be more simplified and I think Buy-it-Now, Auctions and Wanted Forms should be individually configurable.

I like how the Buy-it-Now is set up but so many fields in Wanted ads are just not necessary (well on my site anyway).
A Wanted add should just consist of
Title
Description of what you're after
That's all you really need.
Then an option to make it as found and exchange of feedback. Price and postage isn't really needed in this instance as the person placing the wanted ad negotiates price and postage privately.

I think all of this could be achieved with separate forms so we can configure each ad type to the needs of our site.
Cheers
Travis

That fits with the ideas I've already been thinking of. Once I've got the next couple of betas sorted for Classifieds v2, I'll look at seeing if we can squeeze this idea into the last Beta before we start the Release Candidate stage.

PS I noticed a bug when disabling postage in the form (settling it to Never) I couldn't place an ad.

It is working as intended, as you need some sort of postage option even if it's a blank option for the system, but your right that the 'Never' option should allow you to skip it, or shouldn't be available at all.

I like what Arcade King is suggesting, but I think it would still be nice to have an image upload in a wanted ad.

I have got my Wanted ads down to:
Listing Type (Price)
Listing Length
Feature Listing
Payment Processor
Attachments

through the forms.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back