vBShout v6.0.5 / vBAvatars v1.0.1 (+Lite) / vBMail v1.1.5

Fillip H.

Staff member
Owner
Developer
Customer
Hey all,

A triple dosage of updates for you tonight!

First up is vBShout v6.0.5. The recent security update got more people upgrading to v6 from their old v5.4 installations, which lead me to finding out that the encoding issues a very small amount of users were having were in fact not due to incorrect database collation as previously assumed. I still don't know what exactly caused it, but I did devise a fix that seems to work correctly on an affected forum and also an unaffected forum.

Secondly, vBAvatars v1.0.1 is now in Beta also for Lite customers, and brings in a couple new features for Pro users who wish to use different images than the stock ones.

And finally, vBMail v1.1.5 addresses an issue that's been happening here on DBTech where we add a large number of keywords.

vBShout v6.0.5:
Fix: Work-around for the "broken characters" some people were experiencing after upgrading to vBShout 6.x
Change: Changed the content type for the data sent back to the server to application/json - this should also mean less confusing error messages.

vBAvatars v1.0.1:
Feature: vBAvatars can now be placed in the "Post Info" block in the postbit via a vBulletin Options setting, for forums that don't wish to allow users to use custom avatars.
Feature: (Pro) You can now add custom layers and choose the order in which the layers are applied to the final image
Feature: (Pro) It is now possible to change the size of the avatars produced, for use with custom avatars. This is not a "scaling" feature, there's no guarantees it will resize existing images.
Change: Improved the layout in the Inventory and Shop to eliminate the need for the hover preview.
Change: The avatar preview is now a part of the left side menu, which scrolls down the page with you.

vBMail v1.1.5:
Fix: Adding "too many" keywords produced unexpected results when saving a draft or template and opening it again later

Thank you for your continued support :)

Discuss this news here.