vBSecurity v1.0.4 / Advanced User Tagging v2.0.5 Released!

Fillip H.

Staff member
Owner
Developer
Customer
Hey all,

Stressful week and missed deadlines, fun times! But you know me, I hate to leave you guys out in the cold. For that reason I have two small updates for you, vBSecurity v1.0.4 and Advanced User Tagging v2.0.5!

I'll talk briefly about the vBSecurity update because it contains a pretty important feature we have coined IP Guard. What this does is build up a database of IP addresses that you log in to the AdminCP with.

When you first update the mod, after the update / installation has completed it will ask you to authorise your IP address. This will send an email to the email address registered to the forum account you're accessing the ACP with. You'll be unable to continue using the ACP until you have done this.

The same action needs to be taken every time your IP Address changes, and it applies to all administrators.

Of course, if you don't want to use this feature, you can turn it off via the "Administrator Permissions" page (that only Super Administrators have access to).

We hope you'll enjoy this feature as it should add a significant layer of security to your AdminCP - nobody will be able to do anything even if they get a hold of your password!

vBSecurity v1.0.4:
Feature: Added a block of text to Security Recommendations that discusses server security for WHM-based servers
Feature: (Pro) IP Guard: Administrator IP Address authorisation scheme (similar to Steam Guard) - Require email verification for new IP addresses to access the AdminCP, per-administrator disable

Advanced User Tagging v2.0.5:
Fix: Fixed an issue where posts viewed via the Mobile Suite applications would all be blank
Fix: Improved reliability of @mentions, specifically it should no longer mention users whose names happen to match email addresses

As always, thank you for your continued support :)

Discuss this news here.