vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 released!

Darkwaltz4

Former Developer
After a long hiatus, I am proud to announce the immediate availability of vBCredits v2.1.0!

Many of the fixes in this version have been posted as patches or hotfixed to the pro version, but now finally merged together in a cohesive package and made available for lite as well. In fact, I am backdating this release to 6 months after the previous one, so that limited license holders from awhile back will be able to take advantage of these great improvements.

Improved Performance:
-Smarter transaction queueing and processing
-Additional caching and query simplification
-Separate pending transaction table
-InnoDB applied conditionally

Currency Popup:
-New ability to include links to specific actions (eg [Purchase])
-Revised wording, Amount field focus, and currency matching
-Fixed usernames with utf-8 characters
-Fixed missing security token error
-Flooding prevention fixes
-Disables on mobile theme

Improvements:
-Optional cron alternative for daily actions
-Memberlist template edit no longer required
-Implemented upload/download actions on vB3
-Implemented referral/welcome actions during promotions
-Revised post/thread awarding/editing/deleting scenarios
-Better compatibility with other currency addons
-Better action multiplier handling
-Narrow admincp transactions by action
-vB3 supports navbar link to Transactions
-Other style, wording tweaks and optimizations

Fixes:
-Alternating column colors on memberlist
-Errors during URL attachments
-Auto repairs broken vBCredits cache
-Rare database errors
-Restored missing display saving functionality
-Recalculation tool issues
-Saving transactions during AJAX calls
-Full vB3.6-8/4.0-2 support

Organizational:
-Consistent DBTech features, eg global branding free key
-Moved related files into credits folders
-Using google hosted jQuery library

Pro-only:
-New per-user limit for Redemptions instead of all-uses limit
-Redemption redirects work on codes entered in currency popup
-Admincp link to view who has redeemed specific codes
-Fixed missing and resized CKEditor charge icon
-Additional charged content masking
-Fixed chargeback deductions

I fixed so much, I hope I remembered to list everything! There's a good chance that issue that's been bugging you about vBCredits has just been taken care of :) Otherwise I look forward to taking a fresh look at it in light of this update.

**IMPORTANT UPGRADE NOTES**

You should disable vBCredits, upload the new files, import the product file, then re-enable it. This will cut down on me having to help you through disabling addons when sync issues prevent you from logging into your admincp. And also from alarming you about being unable to log into your admincp :p

If you have a large or busy site, you might consider turning off your forums during the upgrade to cut down on server strain. As part of the performance improvements, pending transactions are moved from the main transaction table to a pending table, which may take several minutes depending on the amount of transactions you have.

You should also revert any template edits you made to vBCredits templates, including from previous patches, as well as from your memberlist_bit template. If you bought branding free, your old plugin will still work, but you can switch to the branding free key if you want.

Finally, the old "all-uses" limit for redemptions has changed to a much better "per-user-uses" limit, but I didn't alter your existing redemption codes. You should probably review them to switch your math to work under per-user. If you set your Redeem event to attempt to limit uses per user previously, you can revert that.

---

The next update should be here much sooner :p there's more to come, Enjoy!

Discuss this news here.

Back