Bug vb 4.2.5 and mobile style : no metas optimizations ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jnifoo

Customer
Hi,
Install DBSEO on my local machine, preparing the upgrade of our forum to vb 4.2.5.
The upgrade is required so that we can use the Mobile Style of vbulletin.

Using the stock mobile style, I see no meta optimizations, even the meta title that is stuck to the same name in every page (the name of our forum).

Here is an extract of the head of the FORUMDISPLAY mobile template if it can help figure it out.
<head>
{vb:raw headinclude}
<title>{vb:raw vboptions.bbtitle}</title>
{vb:raw headinclude_bottom}
</head>

In your opinion, will I have to :
  • get a better mobile template
  • hack the stock mobile template and add some elements
  • rebuilt something on my setup

Very few, if any, products from any developer will integrate with the mobile style. The approach most people tend to take is either buy an existing Responsive style or have one made, and ignoring the mobile style aspect of vB in general.

vB4 is sadly not designed to be mobile friendly, the mobile style is a hack that doesn't work with most add-ons.

vB4 is sadly not designed to be mobile friendly, the mobile style is a hack that doesn't work with most add-ons.

Yes, you can correct, so you need to hire someone or you can make the fix if you have knowledge. Everything possible with the mobile style.

Eventually, I acquired the sultantheme vb4 responsive template and I will stick to it.
Thanks you two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings