Legacy Users without access still see the default thread creation page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trekkan

Customer
I'd like to be able to block out all usage of the forum, unless it's through the form itself.

Right now, if someone has access to the form, it's shown.

If they do not, the default view of creating a new thread is shown. I'd like for it to not give them the option to be able to submit anything at all in the forum. If they don't have access to create a form, they shouldn't be creating threads there either. They should essentially be "read only" or whatever the permissions are set for.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Wouldn't this be best combined with restrictions on the Can Create Threads forum permission?

If you don't want them creating threads, why not turn that off via Forum Permissions?

Wouldn't this be best combined with restrictions on the Can Create Threads forum permission?

If you don't want them creating threads, why not turn that off via Forum Permissions?

I'll give that shot and see if it works as I would like it to, sounds like it probably will. More than anything it's me getting used to that these forms are using the forums themselves to do things, that it's not a stand alone type of mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back