Pending Use CSS Grid instead of Flex for Shop Grid Layout

Hi there, I'm an admin from Jeremy's forum. :) He suggested posting in this private board out of concern that my screenshots would giveaway our identity. (it's still a secret to our users that we are moving to XF, they're sneaky people)

On a side note too, I'm really happy you took into account some of my template edit suggestions on the front Shop page with the stock and purchase buttons!

-------

Using CSS Grid instead of Flex for the Shop's grid layout option would be a good improvement worth exploring. It would allow for an easy grid item arrangement for the items to always use up all the available space effectively instead of oftentimes having empty un-used space depending on the browser width and number of columns. (without needing to style every break-point)

Current Flex Layout vs Example Grid Layout:

iPhone SE Portrait
AodVTNA.png

HdwuRnQ.png

iPhone SE Landscape
OlohEJC.png

kZ8R57n.png

iPad
LrypeFu.png

AmjSqMp.png

Desktop
NRbiQnK.png

nsvid1h.png

This is the code used in the example screenshots, with width and max-width styles removed on the grid items, and some changes to margin since grid-gap can be used:

Code:
display: grid;
grid-template-columns: repeat(auto-fit, minmax(240px, 1fr));
grid-gap: 10px;

Browser support for Grid has reached around 90% globally and 95% for our forum's traffic: https://caniuse.com/#search=grid This could also be an additional style option on top of the current Flex grid if support isn't considered quite good enough yet.

Upvote 0
Hello @fearmywrench,

Thank you for your suggestion for DragonByte Shop. Your request will be reviewed by a member of our team shortly.

Unless there are any problems preventing these features from being added to the product, this thread will not receive another reply until it is time to review logged feature requests for implementation.

We appreciate you taking the time to help us improve our products!

- DragonByte Tech Staff