Legacy [Suggestion] Country and State checkbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolimitreef

Customer
In your next classifieds version, would it be possible to have a way to toggle on and off the countries and states (as opposed to deleting them)?

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Due to the nature (mostly live ocean animals) of the majority of items for sale or that will be listed on our forum, our sellers can't ship outside of the continental US, nor to Canada or Mexico. It would be nice to have a Continental US choice as well. Otherwise the seller has to choose 48 states before he can complete each listing. For many of them they walk away due to the time it takes to do this. Including weeding through all the countries. So if we can toggle off all the ones we know they won't be using in advance that would help a lot.

Due to the nature (mostly live ocean animals) of the majority of items for sale or that will be listed on our forum, our sellers can't ship outside of the continental US, nor to Canada or Mexico. It would be nice to have a Continental US choice as well. Otherwise the seller has to choose 48 states before he can complete each listing. For many of them they walk away due to the time it takes to do this. Including weeding through all the countries. So if we can toggle off all the ones we know they won't be using in advance that would help a lot.

Some interesting thoughts there. The postage side of the mod is something that needs a good working over, as it needs to be more flexible. I'll see what we can do with this. Perhaps we can set something up where we load the data as someone types, and they could type the country they wanted. I'll see what's doable. :)

Some interesting thoughts there. The postage side of the mod is something that needs a good working over, as it needs to be more flexible. I'll see what we can do with this. Perhaps we can set something up where we load the data as someone types, and they could type the country they wanted. I'll see what's doable. :)

Yes, thank you :D And I agree with the postage as well. I know that I can set standard monetary amounts in settings (and this we like) but when it shows on the seller/customer side it says "all countries". That too is not good because if someone from Japan for instance decides to order next day at $45 US dollars (and remember we don't even ship outside of the US) the seller either has to do it (which is not possible) or or create an angry buyer. We had this happen with someone from Canada already. So we can't use that great feature in fear of it happening again. However, if in settings (cp end) we can choose the country and type of shipping with the $ amount, that would be terrific! This way all sellers can quickly choose an option that we already created for them.

For Example:
Continental US
FedEx -Overnight
$45

Continental US
USPS 2-3 day
$6.00

Canada
USPS 4-5 day
$8.00

Another way might be to add Instances with categories like you have with other mods. And maybe even add criteria such as to read their address to be sure it is in the Continental US... just thinking.....

Something else about shipping. If someone makes multiple purchases from the same vendor but the vendor has a flat combined fee, or they have free shipping over a certain set dollar amount, could there be a way to deal with this also like a step before checkout? We only allow PayPal on our classifieds so I am not sure how that might work. This is common also with our sellers. They will list several coral frags and a buyer commonly buys enough from them to get the free shipping. But as it stands now, shipping is added with every item.

Last edited:
So maybe something like this senerio...

This Seller has 52 unique items to sell
Has a $45 FedEx overnight ship rate
A Free ship threshold of $135

Buyer 1 wants only 3 items and knows it isn't enough for the free shipping threshold but only wants these 3. Seller charges only one flat rate for all items purchased (I think after the first item is added to the cart from this seller there needs to be a "if" for more than one item ordered to not be charged shipping again provided they check a multi order check box or something like that just before clicking add to cart). This way they are only charged once for the multi order.

Buyer 2 adds 3 items to cart but it is under $135 (classifieds sends a pm to say something like "Just a little more and you have free shipping!" because it know the seller added a free shipping threshold)

Buyer 3 adds 2 items and knows he gets free shipping because it is over the sellers threshold and does not calculate shipping to this order.

---- on the seller listing he could choose a threshold amount or if he will have one at all:
so for example

Is this item included in a free shipping threshold?
Y / N
Threshold= [$000.00]

Adding Shipping to each item?
Options/
Yes each item
No only 1st item

Buyer side at listing:
a check box if this is an additional item = not to charge additional shipping

I'm probably missing something but I think you get the idea :D

Thanks for the feedback. We've some ideas already along the lines you've posted, but I'll see if we can work everything in.

Regarding limiting where something can be posted to, there is already a setup in place that allows users to choose countries a postage applies to, and prevents a user buying on that postage if they don't have an address in that country. Is that what you are wanting?

No, what I meant was so we can create some default postage through classifieds admin. In the US most overnight express is the same for example; US Overnight is 44.95 and US / In-State Overnight is 24.95. If we can do this in the admin default postage settings it would save our sellers time since many of our sellers will have 100 items to list. But in the admin it only allows the option of "All Countries" when creating default postage choices. It would be great if we could choose the location options as in the front end when making default postage options for the sellers.

No, what I meant was so we can create some default postage through classifieds admin. In the US most overnight express is the same for example; US Overnight is 44.95 and US / In-State Overnight is 24.95. If we can do this in the admin default postage settings it would save our sellers time since many of our sellers will have 100 items to list. But in the admin it only allows the option of "All Countries" when creating default postage choices. It would be great if we could choose the location options as in the front end when making default postage options for the sellers.

I'll have a look and get back to you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back