Not planned Slow query logger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirjonadda

Customer
Please can you add option for Slow query logger? Generates an error log entry when a slow query is detected.Only logs slow public queries.Slow Query Threshold is in seconds and allowing 0.25 second steps.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I've researched this, and the only way this would be possible would be if every single query your forum runs was doubled (so that an EXPLAIN query could be ran). This is how the XF debug page works.

Doubling the query load on every single page to detect slow queries is not something we can reasonably do, sorry :(

Hello Nirjonadda,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Declined.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

You can learn more things from this add-on: Unmaintained - Slow query logger | XenForo Community
That mod ultimately did not do what I would want DB Security to do, but it did give me some ideas.

I discovered I could use the built-in Zend_Db_Profiler to determine whether any queries were running too slowly, so I will be implementing this feature in the next version of DB Optimise.

There's no ETA for this release since I am in the process of developing some back-end stuff that affects all XF mods, but needs more testing before I can release it to the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.