Question Slow forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see.

What about if you add an item that changes any of the built-in XenForo permissions as opposed to Shop ones?
From the list above permissions to the shop, usergroup promotion and your built in custom items have an effect.

(Change Username Style) 4 purchase 4 active
(User Title Change) 3 purchase 3 active
(steal chance) 4 purcase 4 active
(steal more) 4 purcase 4 active
(Immunity) 1 purchase 1 active
(sticky thread) 1 purchase 1 active

Personally I think every item will have an effect, some more than others as you can see above.

I did a fresh install on the shop and with no items it has no effect on the time. My forum only has a few hundred members, imagine it had thousands like yours, I bet it would be much worse.

We have heard no reports of this issue and it's successfully running on a forum with these stats:

1563914202428.png

It has zero impact on forum load times on that forum, it uses similar items.

I'll keep this ticket open and investigate as soon as I can. As you might imagine, this is kinda difficult to pin down and resolve so it may take some time, but as long as this ticket is open I won't forget :)

I'll keep this ticket open and investigate as soon as I can. As you might imagine, this is kinda difficult to pin down and resolve so it may take some time, but as long as this ticket is open I won't forget :)
Ok thank you. If you need access to a copy of my site let me know.

I had time to do a bit more testing. This was a fresh xenforo install and only the shop addon.

Here are my findings:

No addons installed

Queries 13

Time 0.0827s

Memory 3.02MB

Shop installed no items added

Queries 16

Time 0.0811s

Memory 3.49MB

Added 3 permission items to the shop and purchased.

Permissions, can steal, can bank, can use lottory.

Width Queries 16

Time 0.1707s

Memory 4.05MB

Added a few more items

Queries 16

Time 0.3414s

Memory 5.38MB

So its gone from 0.0827s to 0.3414s by adding and purchasing 9 items, /index.php is the most effected.

When you get a min could you please test this yourself. I dont have the time atm but im willing to bet if i added all your default items, 30 permissions items and have multiple users purchasing them the impact would very bad.

Last edited:
I've attempted to replicate this multiple times and I could not. Can you please set up a test site with the reproduction case detailed in post #26 and PM me with an FTP and AdminCP account for this forum?

I don't want to just mindlessly apply random changes hoping it'll fix it, so I'll need to see the issue in action.

I've attempted to replicate this multiple times and I could not. Can you please set up a test site with the reproduction case detailed in post #26 and PM me with an FTP and AdminCP account for this forum?

I don't want to just mindlessly apply random changes hoping it'll fix it, so I'll need to see the issue in action.
Sure. Will sort this over the weekend for ya.

Posting in public as well as in PM in case someone else runs into the same issue.

Upon investigation this has been determined to be a two-fold issue:
  • An add-on conflict between Shop and the add-on from another developer. This developer has been alerted to the issue in private, and provided with a fix that eliminates the conflict.
  • The core functionality of another add-on, unrelated to Shop.
I learned that the changes I was going to make to Shop would actually have exacerbated the issue, so I greatly appreciate being given this opportunity to experiment 😄

Hello @madness85,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte Shop has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been scheduled to be closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Hello @madness85,

As we have not heard back from you, your ticket regarding DragonByte Shop has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, please feel free to start a new support ticket and link back to this ticket.

If you have time, please leave a review on XenForo.com's Resource Manager.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte Shop

XenForo 1.5.3+ XenForo 2.0.x XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating