Question Restricting User Groups within events

Status
Not open for further replies.

ichpen

Customer
Question or feature suggestion. I'm finding that restricting certain usergroups from using credits (collecting at least) is troublesome if they're members of multiple usergroups that are eligible.

For example, my admin user is not a member of registered but is a member of a number of other token usergroups which I prefer to keep in place. Even though I can exclude admin group in my example Credits continues to award as my user is part of other eligible groups.

Suggestion: Add exclude group option in ACP, basically if user(s) are a member of this group Credits will prioritize it above include groups and exclude event based on this.

Let me know if this makes sense. I know it's possible to massage this to work as is but this would make it a bit more flexible.

In a future update, events will use the content permission system seen in XF2 for forums, so you'd have the same inherit/yes/no/never settings there.

Specifically for your example, you would be able to set Administrators to "Never" so that they could never trigger that event.

There's no ETA for when this will be implemented as I have a small mountain of other stuff to do (not to mention XF 2.1 preparation) before this can be added.

In a future update, events will use the content permission system seen in XF2 for forums, so you'd have the same inherit/yes/no/never settings there.

Specifically for your example, you would be able to set Administrators to "Never" so that they could never trigger that event.

There's no ETA for when this will be implemented as I have a small mountain of other stuff to do (not to mention XF 2.1 preparation) before this can be added.

Thanks Filip, I can work with it as is today but good to hear we will use XF content permissions in future.

Hello @ichpen,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte Credits has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte Credits

XenForo 1.5.3+ XenForo 2.0.x XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating